Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Our Gay Dollars is born

Money!  For some it’s the stuff that dreams or made of, for others there is never enough, while some have more surplus than they can possibly ever spend.  No matter what your thoughts, feelings or your relationship with money is, there is no denying that it plays a very important role in all of our lives and affects a great many of the decisions that we make every single day.   With the current state of the economy and so many people focused on the subject of money these days I thought it was the perfect time to start a blog about money and finances and more importantly look at it through the eyes of LGBT community.  So with that the Our Gay Dollars blog is born.
The purpose of creating this blog is to use it to look at the ways that we in the LGBT community earn, spend, save and invest our money.  I want to talk about serious stuff as well as some silly stuff and I want a lot of input from you, my readers and followers as to what topics you are interested in.  You tell me and I will do my best to get the information or get the questions answered.
I have been digging around for estimates on how much “buying power” we as a community have.  The research estimates range from $700 million to $2 trillion dollars depending on who you ask.  Boys and girls, that’s a lot of money and also a lot of clout for us as a socio-economic group.  I believe that we sometimes forget the power and the impact that we as a community have with our dollars and how we choose to spend, save and donate them.  There is truly power in our gay dollars.

For those of you that don’t know me, my name is Ted and I am a 42 gay male living in the very fabulous city of Atlanta, Georgia.  I work in business development for the insurance and financial services industry and I have a history of making both good and bad money choices, just like all of you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment